I finished painting the living/dining room! This took, oh, over two weeks. Along the way, I
- picked out the same identical color that was already on the wall (by mistake)
- ran out of the color I wanted, and had it matched by a different paint store...
- ... only to discover that, while the color matched, the texture and sheen did not
- experimented with an "accent color" (tomato soup red) that we both didn't like
- found out that retouching primer is a disaster if the primer is still wet -- it takes the primer right off. The "accented" section had to be primed twice.
- altogether, painted every section of the room at least three times. Some got painted up to six times. :-)