Earlier this week the electricians took over the place. And now several wonderful things have occurred:
- We have overhead lights in the living room! (And yes, I still like the color that I painted it when fully illuminated -- phew!)
- We have overhead lights in the kitchen!
- The living room light switch no longer power the outlets in the kitchen... yes, I know. It was funky wiring.
- We have a stove! And it works!
What else has happened?
- The office is "done." But it's a big mess, so no photo yet. But it's yellow and lovely and a happy space to be.
- Rusty planted a cactus outside our bedroom window. Photo:
- I don't have a closet, so most of my clothes are still in boxes, but I'm learning to make do: I got a small clothes rack for the bedroom. And I finally got super-anal about my dresser. You all don't mind seeing a photo of my underwear drawer, do you? I'm so proud of myself, and it makes me happy every time I open it!